Saint Mary’s Parish of Iowa City is a Eucharistic community located in Iowa City’s Northside neighborhood. The church was built in 1840 and is on the National Register of Historic Places.
Flannery O’Connor’s home away from home did not turn out to be the Currier house. […] Instead she found the antidote for her homesickness two blocks away at St. Mary’s Catholic Church, on East Jefferson Street.
Gooch, Brad. Flannery: A Life of Flannery O’Connor. New York: Back Bay, 2010. Print.